Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have totally erased everything including all settings from

Customer Question

I have totally erased everything including all settings from my note 5, all that comes up is my Samsung Galaxy note 5 powered by android nothing else
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 10 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution. This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, Try this please, press and hold the power button fire 60 seconds. Then release, wait about 30 seconds, then power on normally. Let me know if this works please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No the phone won't even go of
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I leave this page?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Try this next please. Press and hold the Volume Up button(located on the left edge of the device) and the Home button (located at the bottom below the display).While continuing to hold the Home andVolume Up buttons, press and hold thePower button (located on the right edge) until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.Select wipe data/factory reset. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.Select Yes -- delete all user data. Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.Select reboot system now.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No nothing is happening
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
?
Try connecting the charger and hold the power home and volume down?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Odin mode
Download speed: fast
Product name: SMN920S
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
FAR LOCK: OFF
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLED
KNOW WARRANTY VOID: 1 (0×0500)
APRIL SWREV: B:2 K:0 S:O
THAT'S WHAT IS ON THE SCREEN
okay, try this next> Hold the power button until it powers off, then With the device off, hold the “Volume Up” button and press the “Power” button.Continue to hold the “Volume Up” button and you’ll see the recovery screen appear after you see the Samsung Logo.Use “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” to navigate to “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” and press the “Power” button to select/confirm.Use “Volume Up” and down to navigate to “Yes” and press the “Power” button to confirm.Use “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” to navigate to “Reboot System Now” and press the “Power” button to select/confirm.The device will restart and boot into the recovery mode to finish the process. You’ll see the Android logo for a few moments, and it will restart again. When this is complete, you’ll be back to the Welcome screen to setup the device.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It actually won't power of now
okay, how long have you had the phone?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I got it in south korea
okay, is the charger still connected?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes is now
ok, try holding those three buttons again for about 20 seconds, then release and press the power button a few times but keep the volume and home pressed down.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It went of and is charging now
okay, let it charge for about 30 minutes, sometimes it will not reset unless the charge is really good. Then you should be able to get it working with the reset procedure. Try powering on after 30 minutes of charging, then if it fails power off and reset again.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is on 33 percent
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If this doesn't work what happens
let it get above 50% then try. If that fails then that will mean the firmware is glitched and will have to be reloaded. You can get that done at a smartphone repair shop.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Do I still pay for this even if I doesn't work?
That is up to you, you can if you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok what do I do?
Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you mind if I wait to see if it works?
yes, that is fine.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry randy just don't want to pay if doesn't work and I don't want to give a negative rating as you've tried.
that is good, no problem. You can get a refund without leaving a rating.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So I've already been charged?
no, that is only a deposit. However you will have to request a refund of the deposit.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do i do that if this is unsuccessful?
click on the contact us link at the top of your screen.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is on 41% now will try at 50 that ok?
yes,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Randy it didn't work.