Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

Tablet Lenovo AF 7600. cannot access emails. I changed my

Customer Question

tablet Lenovo AF 7600. cannot access emails. I changed my password ***** my laptop THE EMAIL WORKS ON THAT. Your help is vital. Winnie Burkhill
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Winnie, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your email issues. Can you please tell me your email provider? Is it Yahoo Mail? Gmail? Hotmail? AOL?How do you intend to access your email on your tablet -- using a web browser? Or are you using the Mail app?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO jESS My email provider is BT. I always use the desk top if that's what you mean.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. I am referring to your tablet. How do you access your BT email there in the tablet? Are you using a web browser? By web browser, it refers to the app where you browse the internet websites like Yahoo, CNN and others. Or are you trying to use the Mail App of your tablet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Jess. Let me explain. I have a Laptop which I had to change the password ***** to a change of contract with BT. They explained I had to change the password ***** the same one on my TABLET. Everything works on the tablet except the emails. I use google to find web pages. I think I have changed something called imap or pop or something else on my tablet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could be Yahoo?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Winnie,Thank you for writing back with that information.There are 2 ways that you can access your BT email in your laptop and in your tablet.First, is by using a web browser. I believe you are using Chrome since you mentioned you use Google to find web pages. That is an example of a web browser.The second way to access your email in laptop or in tablet is by using an email program. In your laptop, you can have MS Outlook 2010 or something similar. In your tablet, it could be the MAIL app. You just mentioned about IMAP or POP so I believe you are indeed using the Mail App.Can I remotely access your laptop so that I can check your email settings and then use those settings on your tablet?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very worried about people accessing my computer espescialy as you have had my credit card details
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Winnie,I understand your concerns but let me assure you that we are a legitimate and it is our system/website that has your credit card information, not me personally. These info are sensitive so rest assured that it is very secured as we have several hundreds of customers monthly.Now, if you are not comfortable with remote access, I respect that. So we can just continue the diagnostics using this chat mode.Let us first check your email in the laptop. Are you using an email program like MS Outlook in your laptop to send and receive emails?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes outlook
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
What version of Outlook? 2007? 2010? 2013?Also, you mentioned that your BT email is working fine in the laptop. Can you please check for me the Outgoing and Incoming Server information?The info like below:Incoming Server =Port number =SSL??Outgoing Sever =Port number =SSL??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could be 2007. I don't know how to find this information. I am typing this on my laptop as I cant find this info on my TABLET either. Sorry
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
No, I am referring to the information on your Outlook 2007 in your laptop. Please locate those information first on your laptop so that we can enter the same in the tablet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe you should take over after all Jess. I agree to your extra fee
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=204329b7-0158-4089-9768-95f6b8f613a12. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience.
The issues with your BT email were resolved through remote help. Using the new Blue Mail email app, you are now able to access your BT emails.
Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.
Best regards,
Jess