John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

How do I update my video card?

how do I update my video card?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help youMa'am are you trying to update the driver/software of the card?Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi I'm Beth
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ma'amAre you trying to update the driver/software of the card?If you don't mind me asking is there any specific reason for updating,Is there any issue with display ?John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I play secondlife and use microphone for htings, it doesn't let me anymore
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may have found a way by myself
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.Please try the following to update the driver of you video/display adapterPress windows Key + R key to open run box in that type devmgmt.msc and press enter that will open device manager
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got it
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You mean you have opened device manger ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Once device manager is open expand display adapters then right click on the adapter listed in it then click on update driver software then click on Search automatically for updated driver
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
says its up to date
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK we can update in another way too to do that could you please let me know the make and model of the PC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I work thato ut?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean how do you find the make and model of the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a HP, I can see that much- called pcworld-hp
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Is it a desktop or laptop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
desktop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found it HP G5000 series
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Good can you please check on the front or back of the tower to find the exact model,which will be a great help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HP G5000, seen it
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
HP G5000 shows as a laptop model.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
May i remote access to your PC and check the model and driver issue directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure go ahead
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=dc3c9cc2-08b6-4da9-b6c6-2aba2097c1cf# ***** will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right done
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
One moment please
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options just below this page or on the top of this page,select the rating and click on submit. Have a Great God blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/Sincerely,John