Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Laptop: Model NP350V5C-A08UKS/N: HYCW98FCAB48FGMOn boot

Laptop: Model NP350V5C-A08UK
S/N: HYCW98FCAB48FGM
On boot up message says:
Preparing Automatic Repair
Then: Recovery - Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
A required device isn't connected or can be accessed
Error Code: Oxc0000185
you'll need to use recovery tools. If you do not have any installation media (like a disc or USB device) Contact your system administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.
Can you please help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Please try this:Hold down the power button to shut the laptop down.Turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F4 key at the top of the keyboardto see if it starts the recovery manager.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned off. Then same issue remains when powered back up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response after power just blue screen with same message. Then it powered back off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going to bed now will check mail in the morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since last instruction it now only powers up with a blank screen without any messages. Stays this way unless power button pressed to turn off. ??
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please address the problem and co tact me with your guidance.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is it able to get to the windows sign in screen? Or it errors before this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The current status:
Laptop powers up and the screen lights up but remains blank. After a few minutes Samsung emblem is dismayed and then goes off. After 5-10 mins a blue screen is dismayed with the message:
Your Pc ran into a problem and needs to restart were just collecting some error info and then will restart for you. This goes off after a few secs.
Then blank screen.
No option to get to the Windows sign in screen.
Hope this helps. I'm at work but my wife is at home with the pc. Her e-mail:***@******.***. tel. 07866 555534.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you hold the left SHIFT key and with it held down, start the computer and keep tapping F8
Are you able to get to a menu? (try a few times if needed)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried but no difference. Screen remains blank.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, make sure its off then hold the ESC key and with this held down, turn on the Laptop and tell me what happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens, once released pc powers up with Samsung emblem displayed then blank screen as before
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry