Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a kindle fire , two years old, will not switch on, can

Customer Question

I have a kindle fire , two years old, will not switch on, can you please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release.Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will not work
Okay, try this next please. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
symbol came on, battery very low will leave on charge, see how it goes,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem solved quickly, thank you very much
thats great!