Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

In July 2015 James K set up my laptop (HP 17-e153sa) to

Customer Question

In July 2015 James K set up my laptop (HP 17-e153sa) to receive emails from my [email protected] email address. The email service was originally set up on my desktop using POP3 which is no longer supported. James K set up my laptop to receive and send emails via Thunderbird and at the same time a second email address, [email protected] was set up. On 16 January 2016 I preformed a system refresh on my laptop which removed most of the apps which has been installed including Thunderbird. I have reinstalled Thunderbird but whilst I can now send and receive emails using the gmail address the onetel email address will only send emails it will not receive them. can you please set up Thunderbird on my laptop to the original settings installed in July 2015
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you tell me please what error you get when you try to receive emails on the onetel account? And do you still remember the password ***** this?
What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Teamviewer ID 093 087 Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you forgot 3 digits on the ID
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New details ID 651 093 087 Password 5541
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The ID does not exist...
Can you please carefully read the ID and send it here with the password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry! I accidentally transposed two fiqures. Correct Details ID 561 093 087 Password 5541
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a slight problem Team viewer has closed down. Also in case you did not get my previous message although the email address is onetel it is currently provided by eclipse. I am contacting eclipse but there is at lease a tem minute delay in their being able to connect me to an adviser. I will let you know when the password ***** been reset.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, When you have the new password, open Thunderbird and enter it in when asked, to make sure its accepted and they did it right.
I will be here for the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dead end. The password ***** ***** fact with onetel but because we have not been onetel customers for over five years they are no longer able to access or change the password.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you call the number I gave you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but was informed that this is a premium rate number, and I was directed to a different number. I will try the number which you gave to me again and get back to you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the number which you gave to me opened in a separate window which closed down when Team viewer closed. can you please let me have the number again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is (0)(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No joy. I phoned onetel on the number which you have supplied but again they say that because we have not been onetel customers for five years the account has been closed and they are not able to access it to change the password
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then you will not be able to add it in Thunderbird if the account does not exist
I saw the gmail account is added in thunderbird, what happens when you try to email using this account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gmail is fully operational in Thunderbird. I can send and receive emails on billycan [email protected] .com
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect, you will have to use this moving forward.
As onetel indicate the account is close, the onetel one you will not be able to use.