Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Please help with the following: I get the following error

Customer Question

Please help with the following:
I get the following error CPU Fan error!
Motherboard P6T Deluxe V2
BIOS shows fan takes about 3 minutes to get up to speed of 2600 RPM
Temperatures have been as high as 80C but usually start at 50C & fall to 40C after 5 minutes or so.
Thanks Ian
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
TO confirm Ian, it is detecting the Fan in the Bios correct? Its not saying N/A next to CPU fan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard,
I have seen the following : CPU Fan Speed N/A
but normally after going into BIOS at boot it starts at 300RPM & then goes to 2600RPM after 4 minutes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The most common case is the fans engine is failing, and the Fan will need to be replaced.
It is not an expensive process, and if your handy you can do it yourself, using this fan here
Checking the board specifications, this is the Fan for it
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/ref=pd_cp_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=14SBV64CGAJZQHX08PXX
And you will need the Thermal compound which you get here
http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Silver-High-Density-Polysynthetic-Compound/dp/B000OGX5AM/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0HBJ1SCH0WMNCVBS5MBG
In nearly all cases in my experience, this will get the fan running correctly again. If it does though continue to have the issue, it would point to a failure on the motherboard, requiring that to be replaced, but I would first replace the fan to rule this out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks I will try that
Ian
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome Ian
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.