Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I cant sign in to my kindle. i had a kindle no problem unfortunatly

Customer Question

i cant sign in to my kindle. i had a kindle no problem unfortunatly it broke so i bought another one but i cant sign in. i have changed my password ***** times and it said i had changed to my last attempt it said i could carry on buying. but it still wont let me in
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with the new kindle sign in.You will have to de-register the old kindle first and then it will allow you to re register the new kindle.
To deregister your Kindle, your device must be connected to a wireless network.Important: After you deregister your Kindle, the device will be deregistered from your Amazon account and you won't be able to access items stored in your content library or items previously downloaded through your Kindle reading applications.From your computer:Visit Manage Your Content and DevicesSelect Your Devices.Select your device or app and select Deregister in the Actions column.To confirm, select Deregister again on the pop-up window.From your device:From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.Select Deregister.After deregistering, you can register your Kindle.
Or follow these simple steps to deregister and reregister. Step 1 Turn your second Kindle on and press the "Home" button.Step 2 Press the "Menu" button and select "Settings."Step 3 Select "Deregister," followed by the "Deregister" button in the dialog box that appears. The second Kindle is unlinked from the Amazon.com account it is currently registered to.Step 4 Press the "Menu" button and select "Register."Step 5 Enter the email address and password ***** the Amazon.com account used by your first Kindle device, and then click the "Register" button.Step 6 Launch the Web browser on your computer and navigate to the Amazon.com homepage. Click the "Sign In" button and enter the same email address and password ***** to register your second Kindle. You are logged in to your Amazon.com account.Step 7 Click the "Manage Your Kindle" button in the "Kindle Support" section. The settings section for your Kindle devices is displayed.Step 8 Click the "Personal Document Settings" link in the "Your Kindle Account" menu.Step 9 Click the "Edit" link to the right of your second Kindle's name in the "Send-to-Kindle E-Mail Settings" section. Change the "@kindle.com" email address to match that of your first Kindle and click the "Update" button. Your second Kindle is now registered to the same email addresses as your first Kindle.
Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work dont be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help. Rating is only required when the problem is fixed or you are 100% Satisfied with the answer provided.