Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Was using net on samsung galaxy x3 cover and it has been blocked/locked

Customer Question

Was using net on samsung galaxy x3 cover and it has been blocked/locked by scam message asking for money in way of a fine or face jail. How do I resolve this, the site was an adult site but not illegal. Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Adult sites are riddled with Virus's and Malware.You take a rsik each and EVERY time you visit an Adult Pornograhy site..At this point, i would reccommedn you get this phone completely WIPED, and the software REinstalled.Because this is a PHONE, and many phone companies LOCK the ability to make any changes to the OS directly, you will HAVE to take the phone BACK in to get repaired..Although, and however....you coudl TRY and clean it up yourself with an ANTIvirus, and ANTImalware and rootkit remover.You can download them from the App store..But if you are not able to use the phone because of the pop-ups or because it will just not respond to your commands and controls....then you are stuck....you have to take it in for repair..If this were a standard computer or laptop, then we would have more options....but this is a phone, and the software gets changed and locked by the phone provider, so the end user (you and me) are not able to make changes directly. Which forces you to either......A- throw the phone away, and get a new one....or....B- take it in for repair..Yup....im sorry to be the bearer of bad news....but ive seen this time and time again.....and im trying to save you the time and hassle..Please take a moment to rate my performance. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Quicksilver will try to get fixed.
You are very Welcome......I advise you to get the ANTIvirus installed BEFORE you visit any Adult Sites..After you get the phone working again....make sure to install some AV software.Cheers Mate!Please take a moment to rate my performance.Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have av & mw installed what is rootkit remover?
A rootkit, is a type of virus, but it can NOT be detected, as it loads as the ROOT user of the software..Basically, a rootkit virus will gain access to the admin or root user priveledges...and extremely hard to get rid of.But easy to catch.
you can google rootkit, to get a vast amount of info on it.....thats just how i knwo it to be
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers ***** ***** gr8.
Can you please take a moment to rate my performance....Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent
The stars at the top of this chat window......you need to choose which star was best for my performance.1 star is thew worst, and 5 stars is the best..Scroll up, and you shoudl find the Star's