Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a all in one Lenovo computor (new). It has tried to

Customer Question

I have a all in one Lenovo computor (new). It has tried to update twice and given a message
- updates failed - undoing recent updates - do not turn off computor
It has been frozen like this for 8 hours.
Had to turn it off as I was leaving the house. It now at boot up has a message
Please wait
Been waiting 4 hours .........
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this first:- Press and hold the Power on/off button on the Lenovo computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check. Does it still show the same message?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Back to messagewe could not complete the updates
undoing chsnges
Dont turn off computorstill frozen
Sorry, please press and hold the Power on/off button on the Lenovo computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F2 on the keyboard quickly and repeatedly many times, then let me know if you see a menu / onekey recovery option.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have the 2 options
Great. Can you please select the OneKey recovery option, then let me know what you see next. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
asking if I want to restore from initial backup from hidden partition
Does it give the option Yes or No? And/or does it give any other option?Do you need any data / files on this computer?Please let me know. Thank you.
How is it going? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
screen frozen......going to power down snd try sgsim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats try sgain tomorroe
Sorry, did you try the OneKey recovery option after pressing the F2 key when turning on the computer? OK, please get back to me tomorrow. I'm available tomorrow starting from noon pacific time. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately reboot configuration is not the answer as it seems to be a processing problem associated with the hard ware. Some you win some you lose. One week old and on its way back.Guess hard ware problems can not be resolved on line
It could be windows / recovery software issue and/or hardware issue. Since it's a new computer, they should replace it for you. I'm really sorry about the (hardware) issue, but if you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you for the update.