Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have been sent via email purporting to come from Google with

Customer Question

I have been sent via email purporting to come from Google with your logo "I am one of the lucky winners in the Google 2016 New Year Promotion" My email address has won £650,000 (£650K)
There follows a Code number, a Ticket Number and a winning number. I must notify them of full name, contact address, my Nationality, telephone number, gender, age, and occupation. Please note it does not want any Bank details.
Is this a scam?
Barry Ansell
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome BarryI am very sorry but this is a scam email. It is not from Google or affiliated with it in any way (it is designed by the scammers to look like it is).Please do not undertake any instructions in the email, as its designed to get your details and attempt a range of scams from identity theft to trying to hack your accounts.Just delete these types of emails. Google or any large organisation will never email you like this, especially when you have not even entered the competition.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you