Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I am looking at second hand tascam 4 and 8 track analogue

Customer Question

I am looking at second hand tascam 4 and 8 track analogue cassette recorders (models 424mkII and 644). The only ones available at present are from USA. Can these be used in the UK on 240 volts by plugging the tascam lead into some form of adaptor like those sold for travellers? Would this work?
Ruth
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.There should be a sticker on the devices somewhere that tells you the Electrical power it needs as the Input.So long as you MATCH this....with a convertor of some type, then it will work just fine..Ive seen many things work on many different power sources, just as long as the power is converted to the Input power needed.YOu can run off batteries if you want......but you need an (Invertor as its called)But you can also go in reverse.But since you are only going from AC current to AC current, just changing the voltage and the Amperage.....it will work fine.remember....60 hertz! 110 volts, and typically it is a 20 Amp circuit. Max Wattage from a USA home outlet is 1800 Watts.