Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

H I have a kinde fire hdx which I was connected to the internet

h I have a kinde fire hdx which I was connected to the internet but now it is telling me that I am not in range , but it was working last week
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi Catherine. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.On the Kindle, hold or slide and hold the power for 45 seconds and release.Restart the Kindle.Swipe down from the top of the Home screen to display Quick SettingsTap Wireless. ...Tap Wi-Fi.Tap your wireless network and enter the password ***** prompted and connect.If you're still receiving the out of range message remove the power cordfrom your router for 2 minutes, plug it back in and allow it to power upand try the connection once more.Let me know the result please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still coming up not in range
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other devices connected wirelessly to your router?I'm trying to determine if the issue is the Kindle or your router.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I have a computer which is on line
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Is it connected wirelessly or is there a cable running from the computer to the router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cable from computer to router
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. That's not a wi-fi connection. The "out of range" message is related to your router signal.Can you tell me the brand and model number of the router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Technicolor tg582n pro there is also a number MBWUK582PEE3 IS THAT ALRIGHT
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Thank you. Sorry for the delay.Did you receive that router from Gradwell?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ITS FROM TALK TALK WHICH ARE OUR PHONE LINE PROVIDER
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
OK. On your Kindle is it detecting other wireless networks other than your TalkTalk network?Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.Next to Wi-Fi, tap On.Tap a network to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
On the back of the router is a reset button (see attachment)Hold the button down until the router turns off and release.The router will reboot and re-establish it's connection.This can take up to 5 minutes to complete.Try the connection again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKYOU ITS WORKED
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
That's wonderful. Please take a moment before leaving to rate the service using the stars at the top ofthe page and have a great day.