Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have had problems with my amazon account last year as it

I have had problems with my amazon account last year as it was 'hijacked' fro want of a better phrase. Amazon were no help but i was unable to download books to my kindle so i have set up a new amazon account with a different e mail address,deregistered the kindle and tried to reregister to the new account but it keeps saying the account does not exist however i have ordered other things from the account and it is working fine. Not sure if this is a kindle or amazon problem
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Is the new amazon account working fine after you registered the kindle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last may i could not access my amazon account.When i queried why the tech support said that my account did not exist. When he checked previous orders i had made they were attributed to a different account and mine no longer existed.I had not asked to change my account e amil or password ***** had received 2 e mails which stated from amazon stating that one that they had changed my e amil at my request and one stating theu had changed my password ***** my request. I had not made eother of these requests. I therfor could no longer access my account and my kindle was therefore redundant. Last week i decided to open a new amazon account with a new e mail address. I have made an order for some other goods using this new account and this has been successfull. I decided today to deregister the kindle from what had been the original account that now no longer exists and reregister to the account i have now opened. When i tried to do this it kept saying that the eamil and login i was using did not exist but it must exist as i have made orders on it and can access it.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Basically you want to access the old account with the original email address it had earlier with Amazon and they are saying it never existed is that correct.Let me know how long you have used the original email address on Amazon account and is the email still working and you are able to send receive emails from the same email which amazon says it does not exists, correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have the original e amil account and do still use it for other accounts. I have had it for a long time and was the e mail address i used all the time for amazon but they sent me an e amil saying i had requested to change the e mail address and that they had changed it for me. I did not make that request to them and when i rang to query this i did not get any help. I have not used amazon since last year because of all this but because my kindle was not usable without the account i set up a new account with a different e mail address. I de registered the kindle and tried to register it to the new account i have set up but it keeps saying this new account does not exist. I know it does exist as i have used it to order other goods.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Report your issue on the given link below it will be escalated to the 1 level above the support team report it to the kdp.amazon.com a forum team.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
https://kdp.amazon.com/community/message.jspa?messageID=593025
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Feel free to ask if you have any question.
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors