Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My name is***** am trying to sync my laptop, with

Hi, My name is***** am trying to sync my laptop, with my tablet. The sync settings are turned off on my laptop. When I try to sign in to my Microsoft acc, it asks for my old password, which i do not have. I click next but it tells me i need to enter password. Can you help, please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.You want to connect the tablet to the laptop is that correct, and you dont know the Microsoft account password ***** is required to authenticate the sync.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the idea. When I type in my microsoft password, it asks for the old one, which I do not have. Result I cannot switch on sync.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
what windows you have on the computer windows 8 or 10?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i will give you the steps to reset your password ***** create a new one to login to windows 10 and then you will be able to sync your tablet with your pc without a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Remote Connect Service - Quick ResolutionRemote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee (£15). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks. We can continue as we are.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
https://account.live.com/password/reset
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
click on the link and follow the forgot password ***** and create a new password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for you help
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Thank you.