Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Support,I have a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (GT-N8000)with

Customer Question

Hi Support,
I have a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (GT-N8000)with android 4.2.1 and want to upgrade to 4.4.2, but it says I have the latest update each time I try upgrade 4.4.2. Samsung advised that I should set it to factory default and after that I still cannot upgrade to android 4.4.2. Can you please help?
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeYou will need to manually install the firmware if its not being offered over the air.Also Note: That flashing the device, even when doing the steps 100% can cause the device to brick, become unusable (an expensive paperweight), this occurs if something interrupts it, computer has issues ect, it is a risk you take when flashing the phone, so note this before proceeding.Make sure though the warranty has not expired as this will void the warranty. If this is the case you do the followingDownload the firmware for this device at http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-N8000/ Once the download is complete, extract ?(right click it and select Extract) the firmware file to a place you will remember, like a folder on your desktop. Download Odin. Odin is a simple utility that is used to flash firmware to Samsung devices. Here is a link to one source: http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.10.6.zip Make sure your phone is off and disconnected from your computer. Open Odin. Under Options, only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" should be checked. Click the "AP" (or "PDA") box and browse for the extracted firmware file. Press and hold the following buttons in order: Volume Down + Home + Power. Keep holding them until you see a screen that says "Warning!!" at the top. Press the Volume Up button to continue. The next screen will show the Android logo and say "ODIN MODE" at the top left. The text is very tiny - almost unreadable. So if you can't read it, you are on the right track. Now connect your phone to your computer via USB. In Odin, look to the top left and wait until you see in the leftmost box "COM" followed by a colon and a number, such as "COM:4". The number doesn't matter. Once you see that, you can proceed. In the Message box in Odin, you should see several lines of text. Press Start in Odin. Odin will begin processing, and on your screen you will see "Downloading" with a status bar underneath. When Odin is successfully finished, you will see in the Message box "All threads completed". Your phone should begin rebooting. You can disconnect from the computer. If your phone reboots successfully into the rom, you're done and the phone is at 4.4.2 If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you