Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

Is it still possible to load windows 7 from a clean copy? I

Is it still possible to load windows 7 from a clean copy? I want to get rid of the trial version of windows 10. Uninstalling it has gone horribly wrong. I read somewhere Microsoft don't accept new licence registrations. Thank you. Dorothy Wilde
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dorothy. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.It is possible to put Windows 7 back. There are several methods to do it.If you upgraded your computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it has been less than 30 daysthere is a way to do it from within Windows 10. If you have a Windows 7 installation DVD andthe 25 character product key that can also be used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Byron. It's several months since I downloaded 10 so the simple restore is no longer possible. I can buy a brand new unused 7 from Amazon but one customer reported that Microsoft no longer accept the product keys for 7. Do you know if this is the case?
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
That's not exactly true. If your purchase comes with the product key there should be no issue.Is the Windows 7 product key sticker still legible on your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I look for it? When I bought the tower years ago it had 7 already on it so I don't have an installation disk. I would have to load a new clean copy I suppose.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find the restore factory default programming either which might be a help.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
What is the brand and model of the machine? Typically, the product key sticker is located on the back of the machine.Some manufacturers put it on one of the sides.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh dear! Byron you are dealing with an elderly grandmother who only has limited knowledge. When I switch on it says Advent.. Does that help?
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. It does. If you purchase Windows 7 from Amazon is it labeling the disk for purchaseas "OEM System Builder"? If so, those disk would come with a valid product key.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears to be brand new with a product key on the box. It states it is unused.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Then that would definitely work for you. You would be doing what is called a clean install.This means that any files you have on the computer now which you wish to keep wouldneed to be copied to some type of temporary storage like an external hard driveor a flash drive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have copied everything to my external hard drive. I think I will go ahead and get a new 32bit disk and do a clean install from that. You have been very helpful. Thank you.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Please wait. I have more information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Advent make it very easy for customers to do the re-install. Here are the instructions to follow onceyour receive your disk:" Insert your recovery disc and restart your computer. It should be detected automatically (press any key if prompted, to boot from a CD or DVD ), and the recovery process should begin."It's that simple.If you need further information or assistance just let me know and if youcould take a moment to rate the service using the stars at the top of the page, then submitit would be much appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I feel much more confident now go ahead and get the disk.