Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My Microsoft Outlook 2016 is not letting my IMAP emails Inbox

My Microsoft Outlook 2016 is not letting my IMAP emails Inbox show any emails. I have checked with my email server and emails work on my old Outlook on my last computer - I have Sent, Trash, etc but still no Inbox. Any suggestions to resolve this issue?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your email. Let me know which email service are you using on outlook 2016.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a firm called Deansway Design, who also supplied our website
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the imap settings for incoming and outgoing server.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
if you want i can Secure remote assistance and setup your emaik account on IMAP however secure remote assistance is an additional service for quick resolution.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IMAP setting for both is mail.countrylodgenursing.co.uk, but if you need a password ***** cannot give you that as, with the best will in the world, I cannot divulge it on the internet. I don't want remote assistance for an extra fee, thanks.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Please dont give the password ***** do not need however i will give you steps to follow if you do not want to opt for a secure remote assistance.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
what is the incoming and outgoing server details of countrylodgenursing.co.uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not a computer expert but the server details, I think, are mail.countrylodgenursing.co.uk.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
can you check the settings on the computer on which the email is working fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are identical but we have just discovered the IMAP folder in settings, where you can untick the box, apply and save.....problem resolved! Thank you for your trouble, though
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess that you have signed off, Michelle. Goodbye
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry my internet was down however i was not able to follow up. Good to know that it has worked after checking the IMAP settings from the other computer.Feel free to ask if you have any question.