Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a new Kindle and an existing account. I also chose

Customer Question

I have a new Kindle and an existing account. I also chose a new password ***** this was approved but I cannot get my existing wifi network to connect and am at my wit's end as I have been trying for 3 days now! If only I could register this new purchase, I would be so happy!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Do you know the wifi password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but I am not asking about e-mail. I am asking about registering a new Kindle
I understand, Try this on your Kindle>>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on> try connecting to Wi-Fi follow these steps:Tap the Quick Settings iconSelect Wi-Fi.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.Your home network should appear in the list.Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password. Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. If you need help locating your password ***** me know.Then Tap Connect.In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.
Experience: Computer specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It tells me I have an incorrect password. Should I get another one from Amazon or choose one myself and let them know? This is the block I have had every time I try to get registered!
okay, that password ***** ***** one to connect to the internet on your wifi router.It is not your Amazon password.What is the brand and model of your internet modem/router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a BT wifi network - is that what you are asking? I am not a techie so I think this is what you asked! I am now going to try my new BT password ***** see what happens That has now worked but it suggests \\\\\\\\\\\\\\i try setting up the network manually - how do I do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that last sentence should read ...that has not worked but it suggests that I try to set up the network manually - how do I do that?
yes, use the BT wifi password. It is usually on the BT modem label.On the Hub 4 you'll find the network name (SSID) and wireless key on the Hub settings card on the back. This, and other information, is also displayed on a label underneath the Hub.Try these steps please>On your Kindle> 1. Tap the Quick Settings symbol in the top right hand corner of the Home screen.2. Select Wi-Fi from the menu.3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindledetects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next toWireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.4. Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you toenter a password, select Forget. Then on your Kindle>try connecting to Wi-Fi follow these steps:Tap the Quick Settings iconSelect Wi-Fi.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.Your home network should appear in the list.Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password. Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard. If you need help locating your password ***** me know.Then Tap Connect.In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All went well except that it rejected my password ***** - I am in despair!! Everything goes well until that step so I think that I perhaps I need to get BT to give me another password ***** then I can start the whole process again! It is always possible that one character on the one BT has differs - because of a mistype - from the one I recorded!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The above is because I am assuming that it is the wifi/telecom company which is rejecting the password?
yes, the BT password ***** to be typed in on the kindle exact as it is on the label.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wonderful - the numbers on the key on the wifi hub worked on the very last one I typed in. Who would have thought that that ewas what they mean by a password Thank you for helping me to reach this soluntion
thats great!