Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

A message has come up on my screen which

A message has come up on my screen which stops me using my email, the message is as follows:- A triangle ! Warning : Your system has critical security vulnerabilities.
Attention Talktalk Communictions Ltd customers Your personal emails, bank and other personnal passwords as well as credit card information are at risk, high risk infection detected, call windows Certified Support right away. 0-***-***-****. I am unable to delete this message which I beleive is a scam, can you help?
Thank you, Robert ********
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.That message is nothing more than an attempt to separate you from your money.To remove it, hold down the Windows logo key, just to the left of the spacebar, and press R.The Run box will open.In the text area type: rstrui.exe and click OK.System Restore will open.Click next and select the latest restore date.Click Next again and then finish.The computer will restart when finished and the message will be removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Byron.I was told this yesterday didn't, work the restore point does not go back to Windows 7 where the problem started, I need to restore 7 I think?