John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have had a problem with my PC couple of weeks

I have had a problem with my PC for a couple of weeks and have not been able to resolve it.
I have been running a program called Replay Media Capture for a few years with no problems. Suddenly it stopped loading coming up with the Windows message that the program has stopped working and it is tryin g to find a solution. It doesn't.
I tried re-installing RMC to no avail. I have sent logs to the company and they can't see what is failing, only that ByteScoutScreenCapturing.dll is crashing.
I checked the Windows event log and noticed that the .NET Runtime was coming up with Event ID 1026. I can't find a suitable answer to this by searching.
The .NET Framework had updated since I last used RMC so I then restored the .NET Framework to the version used by RMC. I am still not getting the program to load.
Please, have you any suggestions?
Cheeers,
Joan
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir have you tried checking RMC in safe mode or using clean boot?Which version of RMC are you using?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have run the program in clean boot and it still failed. I am using RMC version 6.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that would be fine.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=da3a7dba-436e-4dca-bda2-6155932ea6a3# that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Please rate me using the options just below this box or above this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/ Sincerely,John