Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I bought a Kindle Fire HD8 received it on Monday when

Hello I bought a Kindle Fire HD8 received it on Monday when I turned it oni can,t understand it as it is in what I have been told is portugese but may not be the language can you please help
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.you want to get the default language changed to English is that correct?
You don't need to understand the foreign language words, just count and this works for all languagesHome PageMenu 7th listing3rd listing4th listing1st listingEnglish or whatever you wantOkOk/Acceptand the Touch will reboot
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
check the video link this will help you.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUFhwe9pckw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no sorry im new to this home page which one is menu as I don't understand the language
i have attached a youtube video link did you check that?
All Kindle Fires:swipe down from the top middlehit the plus sign2nd from the bottom is Language and Keyboard, tap thattop choice is Language, tap that and select englishbottom is keyboard - check and make sure it's english
it will take 5 mins more to call you up please bear with me.
called the customer and kindle was set to spanishhelped in changing back to english