Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a Packard Bell OneTwo L 15871 UK computer but I am having

Customer Question

I have a Packard Bell OneTwo L 15871 UK computer but I am having problem printing to an HP Officejet 6500 e 709n wireless printer. Wireless Network Test report is all in order and HP Configuration page is OK and Ready. Router is a netgear dgn2200. What else can I check to correct situation.?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am sorry about your issues. Is the Packard Bell computer connected wirelessly to the same Netgear router?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Packard bell computer is connected wirelessly to same netgear router YES
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check it and your connected printer so that I can fix it while you watch?Secure Remote Assistance is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($26) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No remote access will not be allowed, No more fees will be paid.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Please tell me the IP address of the printer based on the report. Please tell me the IP address of the PackardBell computer too.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will contact HP and Packard Bell direct if necessary, I just thought you might tell me a quick fix. Printer has been re installed a few times already.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
That is the main reason why I suggested remote access, but I respect your decision if you do not want it. With remote access, I can check if the problem is with your computer or with the installed printer configuration.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
IP Address of printer is 192.168.0.11 and computer is 192.168.0.7
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
IP Address of printer does not show on router list of attached devices. Network configuration page shows correct network name and default gateway for router.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
In the printer network configuration report, is the IP address static or dynamic? Is DHCP in the printer enabled or off?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
DHCP is not mentioned in the network configuration report, IP Address under heading IPv4 is listed as 192.168.0.11. I remember setting this as static in the past. but again is does not show static or dynamic on the report.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
If the IP is not shown when you access your router's admin page, it means that the printer HAS an assigned IP address, but is NOT connected to the wireless network. Can you try to use the printer's control panel and connect to the wireless network with DYNAMIC or DHCP-enabled connection?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK that's done via the wireless network wizard on the printer, however i notice that the Mac address for the printer shows as ip address 192.168.0.3 and the name as HPD30381 not 192.168.0.11 and HP Office jet?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Did you see these info in the control panel? Or in the configuration report? As long as you set the printer to connect to the wireless netgear router with dynamic (DHCP) connection, it shall be good. Please check your router now and see if the printer is shown as a connected device there.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Printer set up button just shows wireless setup wizard which i click on then searching for network which is correct and ok to connect. It does not ask dynamic or static. The router netgear wizard page on the Desktop still shows 192.168.0.3 as ip address and name HPD 30381 ? I will have to go to bed soon so can you e-mail me with an update overnight?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Please proceed with that setup in your netgear wizard to accept the printer connection request. Then check your printer if it is listed in Devices and Printers, then see if the status is CONNECTING.... or READY.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We seem to have a misunderstanding here. The Netgear Smartwizard router manager is displayed when I type the IP address of the router into the Explorer address bar. The printer is already listed under "Attached Devices" as HPD30381 and IP address 192.168.0.3. In the control panel on the computer for Devices and printers the printer is already listed as HP Officejet 6500 E709n series.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Ok, I understand. Now, I believe that when you re-do the connection settings in your printer using its control panel, you selected to use DHCP or dynamic IP. It means then that the printer was assigned by the router an IP ending .3.Under Devices and Printers, please open the listed HP printer there, then check its status if it is READY or UNAVAILABLE.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Under devices and printers, If i click on the listed printer it does not say READY or UNAVAILABLE but Status is error printing and needs troubleshooting, when i click on the troubleshoot option it says problem not fixed Printer HP Officejet 6500 E709n cannot be contacted over the network. Look I have to go now, problem is still not fixed. e mail me some more info overnight and perhaps we can continue tomorrow sorry later today.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Contact started at 11:26 hrs GMT now 00:56 hrs Need to get some sleep.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Ok Derek, we can resume with this later when you are back and available