John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

There, I really like Outlook but have experienced problems

Hi there, I really like Outlook but have experienced problems with 2016 version. Out look is not delivering emails anymore. I have an error message come up every time log into outlook. Says it sending 1 of 1 even though there is nothing in outbox. Says invalid sender 507. I am not computer savvy so simple pictograms would be useful please if you have a fix . Have also found Windows 10 creates more problems than its worth, I have a Lenovo yoga 500. Please help urgently.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir/Ma'am is this outlook 2016 installed on windows 10?Which email service are you using let me know the part after @ in your email id for example@ yahoo.com? Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Window 10 unfortunately. Email id .eim.ae. United Arab Emirates. I have checked with the server and it is working from the online site so it is definitely Outlook problem.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.Could you please run this command and see if it makes any changePlease click start then type cmd in the search and it will show command prompt,right click on command prompt and click on run as administrator that will open command prompt window (Black window) in that type sfc /scannow (there is a space between sfc and /scannow there is no space between / and scannow) Then press Enter. That will check the operating system file integrityOnce the scan is done close command prompt and restart the PC and check outlook again.Please let me know the result.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aok John, have done that, it is just in the verification phase of system scan
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Good it will take some time,once its done close it then restart the PC and check.Let me know.john
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same problem
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update.Have you tried opening outlook in safe mode and checking it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I tried this already
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can try again but you must remind me how to do this
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
one moment i was checking if there is any other options.give me a few moments.John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
We will try to scan the pst file and see if it fixes the issue.first make sure you have the scanpst exe in the following folderC\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16let me knowJohn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I look
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK file explorer first then open C drive in This PC.let me know once you are in C drive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but it says Windows 8_OS(c:)
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
How many drives do you have ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says Windows 8 C. And Lenovo D. But I am on Windows
10
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Its OK open C drive then open Program Files(x86) then Microsoft Office then Office16let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep have 4 files OSPP APPLICATION. 2 document files and a script file
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
There is no file named scanpst in it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I am wondering though if this is called Windows*****would the files now be deleted if using Windows 10.?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes ok but I am accessing you via my ipad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I just tried to access your website on my pc but the server is blocking it
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
That is strange.I will give you a link for remote access can you type it in the address bar of Edge or internet explorer and open it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its ok I must have typed something wrong I have access now
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Good then Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0f481060-c82d-46dd-94ba-9f663ee1b4a1# that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC Iwill post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.Note:-do it from the PC with outlook issue
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
It seems i got disconnected from your PC after the restart.Please let me know once you are back online.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
back on line
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
That is strange i didn't get connected back to the PC.could you please click on the link i gave above and run it again.John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the download doesnt seem to work
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Go to downloads folder and look for Elisnore Screen Connect Client and run it.Let me know if you run into any trouble.John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no its not working and outlook is exactly the same.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK we will try another remote support tool.Here is the tool to do remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link http://tinyurl.com/azwl8gu download and open it. Let me know the id and password ***** shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page. Closing the Team-viewer window will terminate the remote session too so please do not close Team-Viewer window after you give me the id and password. When you send me the id please insert space in-between the digits like 1 2 3 4 5 6
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
397 446 102 5594
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p word 5594
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.One moment please
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
It seems like i got disconnected from the PC again.let me know once you are online in this page.Sincerely,John