Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

How do I charge my kindle when it has been unused long

How do I charge my kindle when it has been unused for a long time? I have tried already following the advice on your website.
Michael Layard
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. How have you tried to charge it? Rechargeables of some types, when left alone, lose charge, and then start to polarize. When polarization is too advanced, it ruins the battery, in brief. De-polarizing a battery can be done, with patience. First you charge it *fully*, for 6+ hours on the charger, regardless of what shows on the indicators.Then discharge it completely, no matter how briefly it seems to be good for discharging. Put a load on the battery for 2+ hours if at all possible.Then charge 6+ hours again.And so forth... if it still shows no signs of life after three 6-hour charges and three discharges, it's no good any more as a battery. It would have to be replaced at that point. (Unless the charger is defective.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Russell H.
Thankyou for this. Still no signs of life from my Kindle - How do I change the battery ?
Regards, ***** *****