Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

I have been having problems with recovering my gamer tag on

i have been having problems with recovering my gamer tag on x box one since Thursday evening i was emailed by someone saying they were the Microsoft team.I was not aware of this until they might have blocked my account i cant get my gamer tag or profile back as i am not sure if it has been hacked. I have put Xbox live on my account until 8th of January 2017. can u help if possible
yours
sincerely
Simon Hill
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Simon, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Your question came through to the computer section.Do you need help getting into your Microsoft account or is this an XBox specific question?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have lost my profile on Xbox and the profile and cant get it back.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Why can't you get it back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have also tried to set another account up and that hasnt worked and i received an email saying from Microsoft saying they had found un unusual usage and they may have suspended it but i didn't read my emails till Friday so i lost the account so i thought i would get hold of the support team but they are not open till tomorrow
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like your problem may be XBox specific so I may opt out soon to allow someone else to have a chance but have a look at this page and tell me if you've done this and where you get stuck:http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/download-your-xbox-live-profile-to-another-360-console
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so can i download the same gamertag and profile from my xbox 360 back to my Xbox when its not logging me in on xbox one or will i have to ring the support team to sort it out. What do u suggest
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
That depends, what error do you get when you try to log in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says that the profile already exsits
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like you might be trying to create a new profile under the same username or email address
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so do i make a new account with a different username and email or ring the support team and get them to take off the restriction
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Well if you've been using this profile I would suggest contacting the support team so they can take off the restriction
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
https://account.microsoft.com/services?ref=xboxsupportdirect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you so much for your support its helped a lot i will do that cheers. You have been a grate help excellent feedback.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome!If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above as it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin