Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

Latitude D620 (circa Jan 07) Have upgraded this Laptop to

Latitude D620 (circa Jan 07)
Have upgraded this Laptop to Windows 10. Installed by Computer Specialist who warned there may be problems. I said do it anyway as I was then running Windows XP.
The Laptop is working ok, apart from graphics seem to be getting oversize test and icons. Can you help please?
Regards, John. Scottish Highlands.***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. You might want to consider taking a step back to Windows 7 due to the age of your computer. I suspect this may only be the first of the problems you will see. For now, what you can try is, plug an external monitor into your laptop, if you have one, just to see if the problem with the screen resolution clears. If it does, then that is a good indication you are at the limitation of your laptop monitor's resolution. Let me know if you have further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dan, I will have a think about it. I am disappointed but expect I will take your advice later. Will go back to my Computer Specialist for assistance.I like to keep old things running if I can, e.g. I am 76 years old, and I keep taking the tablets !Best wishes, thanks again, John.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I understand John. I hate to throw things away as well. Windows 7 would be a big jump over and above Windows XP and will still be supported by Microsoft for several more years, so I think the is your best route. With that operating system, you shouldn't see any hardware problems like you will with Windows 10.