Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I bought and installed Microsoft Office last week and had a

I bought and installed Microsoft Office last week and had a problem with Windows Live. I spoke with one of your colleagues last week and we established that Windows Office was fine and it was felt that the problem was with Windows Live Mail.
Problem: When I receive an email with a Widows attachment I an unable to open the attachment.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is it a particular type of attachment, such as a Word document, a PDF file, a picture file, etc.? Or does it affect all attachments?What's the error or message when opening an attachment?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Please stay with me on this web page. When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only happens with a Window attachment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a chat service?
Yes. There is no "window attachment". Do you mean Word document attachment? Or something else?Does it give any error or message?Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue directly on your computer's screen?Please type at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, a word document attachment and the message is that it cannot open the file
Does it happen to a particular word document attachment? Or all word document attachments?Are you able to create and save a new Word document and open it?Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue directly on your computer's screen?Please type at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happens to every word document attachment but not to any other attachments like a pdf file.
I have tried right clicking on the attachment and then saving it in a Documents file but it still will not open.
Are you able to open the Microsoft Office Word program on your computer?To make things easier and faster for you, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue for you.Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have anything against you connecting to my computer but as I have already given you my Visa details and agreed to a charge of £39 (which when I tried a second time came up with a charge of £33?) I feel that this should include a connect up service?
I will waive the extra remote support fee for you, so ignore the additional fee request. There is no additional cost, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry.Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5cd2e70c-62ef-4c7a-b203-7a9fb56ce2fe, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,