Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I upgraded to Windows 10 -it worked ok but 2 days ago I

Hi -I upgraded to Windows 10 -it worked ok but 2 days ago I discovered that i'd lost my setup search,Microsoft edge ,cortana -I'M NOW WORSE OFF THAN WITH WINDOW 7.
I'd appreciate advice.
P Kearns
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computer.Did you backup your data and files before attempting a windows 10 upgrade?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES-ON TWO DISCS -think it was complete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have found my backup discs -CD-R 700mb each.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
1.Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. 2. Select "Update & security" 3. Click Recovery in the left pane. Windows presents you with three major options: Reset this PC, Go back to an earlier build and Advanced startup. Reset this PC is the best option for starting fresh. Advanced startup lets you boot off a recovery USB drive or disc and "Go to an earlier build" is made for Windows Insiders who want to roll back to a previous version of the OS. 4. Click Get started under Reset this PC. 5. Click either "Keep my files" or "Remove everything," depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact. Either way, all of your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be uninstalled. 6. Select "Just remove my files" or "Remove files and clean the drive" if you chose to "remove everything" in the prior step. Cleaning the drive takes a lot longer but will make sure that, if you are giving the computer away, the next person will have a hard time recovering your erased files. If you are keeping the computer, choose "Just remove my files." 7. Click Next if Windows warns you that you won't be able to roll back to a prior version of the OS. 8. Click Reset when prompted. Windows will then restart and take several minutes to reset itself.8. Click Continue when prompted.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know you are unable to reach the start menu option incase.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle -brilliant! I manage to get settings in control panel thereafter used the menu you sent me.Apologies re delay.
Good job! Worth the money.Do I USE BACKUP FILES -DISCS?
Phil
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
if required you may use the backup files to restore your programs and files however if that is required you may first check and the use the disks. I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. If you have any question do reply so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.