Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

New kindle paperwhite will not connect to wifi

Customer Question

new kindle paperwhite will not connect to wifi
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Follow these steps and let me know how it goes.Push and hold down the power button on the kindle for 45 seconds and then release it, Kindle will be in power off mode let it be.Now power off or unplug the wireless router for 3 mins and power it back on wait for 3 mins to let the router booted up when you see that you are able to connect to the internet fine using a pc or a smartphone then you power on the Kindle and let it boot up fine then you try to connect to the router or enter the router password ***** you are prompted to enter. You must be good to go and would be connected fine.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work dont be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help. If the problem is solved then you may rate the answer provided. Thank you.