Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

My home phone is not working, no incoming calls and when we

Customer Question

My home phone is not working, no incoming calls and when we phone out we get a dialling tone then nothing! I spoke to you advisor yesterday and still have same fault, It was suggested I 'empty my voice call box'. We always delete any messages on our answer phone, so I bought a new phone and we still have same fault. This is week four of this fault, and I have just paid 12 months line rental.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What phone line service do you have? is it POTS/PSTN/analog/regular landline service? or is it digital/UVerse/Vonage/Comcast/VoIP service? What do you get when you call in to your home number? if there is a tone, a message, or simply 'nothing', that is significant. Make sure that your local phone cables are in good shape and plugged in properly, I advise, as an initial step in addressing the problem.Also, let me know what devices you have connected to your phone line, and try disconnecting all but one from the line (and that phone or device should not be the newest device of the lot, but the second or third oldest if possible.) See if that helps with the phone service - if it does, then you have a rogue device on the line, and we can determine which one it is together. Let me know, please. Thanks.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the favorable rating... but it doesn't cost more to continue this case, and Reply to me with some details I asked for. I will continue to help you with the case until a good result and resolution is reached for you.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Please respond my queries above - I need to know more about your phone line service: What phone line service do you have? is it POTS/PSTN/analog/regular landline service? or is it digital/UVerse/Vonage/Comcast/VoIP service? What do you get when you call in to your home number? if there is a tone, a message, or simply 'nothing', that is significant. Also, let me know what devices you have connected to your phone line, and try disconnecting all but one from the line (and that phone or device should not be the newest device of the lot, but the second or third oldest if possible.) See if that helps with the phone service - if it does, then you have a rogue device on the line, and we can determine which one it is together.