Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

How do I delete an item from my Kindle?

Customer Question

How do I delete an item from my Kindle?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your kindle?Does it have touch screen?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wi-Fi MAC serial no. B023 1702 2502 09B3
No touch screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No touch screen
Thank you. When you open a book on your kindle, then go to menu / option, does it give you the remove / delete option? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, menu does not give me remove/delete option
What are the options it gives you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shop in Kindle Store; Change font size ;Go to . . . ; Sync to furthest page read; Book description; Search this book; Add Bookmark; View notes and marks.
I'm checking on this for you. Thank you.
1. Use the 5-way controller to navigate through your library. Once you find the book title you want to remove from your Kindle device, ensure it has been selected by seeing it is underlined. The underline will be a thick, black line.2. Press the right direction on your 5-way controller. Pressing this button will display an action menu list. Usually, at the bottom of the action list, there will be an option to “Remove from Device.” Using your controller, move down to this option. Then press the center button to select “Remove from Device”Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already done this with Kindle user's guide but there are some books I don't want to archive, I want to delete them from my Kindle.
To delete any book completely, then please sign in your Amazon account at the Amazon website below (on a computer or tablet or smartphone):https://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle, then there, click on the Action button / icon in front of each book you wan to delete, then click on the Delete option and confirm.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
If there is issue signing in your Amazon account at the Amazon website above, you can use the "Forgot your password" option there first.Also, after deleting books at the Amazon website above, then if needed, press and hold the power on / off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
If there is issue signing in your Amazon account, or if there is still any issue, please reply back, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience.