Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a new hub and my kindle paperwhite is showing a lock

Customer Question

I have a new hub and my kindle paperwhite is showing a lock symbol beside the hub address. Then it asks for a password. None of the information I have is acceptable (probably because I can.t connect to the new hub.) I can't EXIST without my kindle.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome MarieTo be sure you have it correct, check on the BT Hub for a label, on the label is wireless key or security key.Is this what you have been entering? And have you been using capitals where capitals are specified? eg: PASSword ***** ***** to passWORDPlease let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I've taken my imformation from the BT Hub label and yes I've been very careful with upper and lower case letters.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youCan you remove the power to the BT hub and wait 5 minutes.Then power on the HubThen remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me if the password ***** ***** accepted.Let me know the results please.