Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My computer is running on XP which I am told is now obsolete.

My computer is running on XP which I am told is now obsolete. PC World tell me that you can access my computer on line to assess whether or not there is sufficient capacity to run Windows 10.
Finally can this be installed online without loss to my hard drive information?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeTo install windows 10 you would need to do a clean install so you would lose your information, so you would have to backup first. Being a windows xp computer, it would be quite old so I am not sure if you really would want to run windows 10 on it, but you can check if it meets the minimum requirements Can you tell me the make and model of your computer Kenneth and I can then check
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have no idea of the make or model can this be found
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, is it a common brand like HP, Dell?Or a custom made computer? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what other information do you need?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download for Free Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what ID and Password ***** you need
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the one you get when you do the instructions I gave youI will repeat what you have to doThank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download for Free Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear ***** Its all getting too complicated so please stop my earlier Mastercard Payment.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What step are you getting stuck on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Time and Password/ Username info. I am 81 years of age and like my present system which has worked to my entire satisfaction for many years. I think it is perhaps best now to take it into a shop for upgrade.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, really Kenneth, I would not upgrade such an old computer, Windows 10 will either not run or run very slowly, I would advise you its time if you want windows 10 really, to purchase a new computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you please refund my previous payment
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... if you do not wish to pay for the service received.. you need to contact customer service Kenneth as I am an engineer here and can only answer your questions which I did.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please connect me to customer services
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you would need to email them on***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you