Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have recently downloaded Roxio Creator Next 4. Main installation

Customer Question

I have recently downloaded Roxio Creator Next 4. Main installation worked ok but with MY DVD, Paint shop Pro and Fast flick the whole computer froze and so I could not install. I have increased RAM to 8GB, have plenty of space on my hard disk and disable anti-virus before installation attempts but still it happens . Why ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me which version of windows you are using Richard?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youThis is usually a sign of hard disk corruption so please do the following.Press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin) A black window will open. Type in it sfc /scannow press enter and when it has completed, type in chkdsk /r Press enter. It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer. Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has. Then try to install.I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.Else let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You do not like the cards I Have to offer and so I will attempt this myself and come back to you.
Thank you for your help.