Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Outlook will not boot

Customer Question

Outlook will not boot
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.what is the version of outlook you are using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure, probably 2013
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
is outlook opening or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not at all freezes in processing
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
right click on the outlook icon and then select run as admininststrator and let me know if that opens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not come up run as admin...............however does state OUTLOOK 2016
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
OUTLOOK 2016 confirmed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iT DOES NOT OPEN
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
when was it working fine last time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Monday morning working okay,Then I closed Outlook for some reason and then it would not open again.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
REMOTE OFFERSecure Remote Assistance - Quick Resolution using Secure Remote Assistance has a small flat fee ($12). 100% Secure and safe. Sit back and watch while the expert fixes it for you.No obligations if you do not opt for let use know we can continue on this live chat session. Do let me know what you would prefer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
REMOTE OFFER WOULD BE GOOD I THINK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do now?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Please wait i will give you a remote link to run this will take few mins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Click here to run remote assistance How Secure Remote Assistance WorksAgree to the Secure Remote Assistance Legal Disclaimer below.The Secure Remote Assistance client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Secure Remote Assistance client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Secure Remote Assistance Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer The problem is not only with outlook however the problem is with windows internal files which can be fixed only after running the windows latest update.michelleclive: are you there?Guest: yesmichelleclive: we need to run windows update howver it will be like a forced update which will update your windows to 10michelleclive: do you want to update it to windows 10?michelleclive: everything should be working as it is.michelleclive: but there has been a many problem while updating to windows 10 in that case i will not be responsible it happens due to Microsoft update.Guest: I am not the only computer so I WOULD PREFER NOT TO AT THIS STAGEmichelleclive: best suggestion would be to backup all your data like files photos emails etc on an external drive and then we can opt for the widows 10 update.michelleclive: I think that will be goodGuest: That would be good if Darren was not in USA.Guest: i will have to look for his donglemichelleclive: i can continue this let me know whenever you finished backing up your data on an external drive.michelleclive: since when did the problem started?Guest: Monday morning .07.03 08:30 I still have not found his dongle yetmichelleclive: i will run a system restore in case it runs successfully the problem is solved and incase it fails then also you do not worry as you will not loose any data or emails.michelleclive: running system restore now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 4GB USB stick is this big enough?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
depends on your data you have on your computer it will require that much of external space.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Guest: a member of staff has just stated that this happenend also 2 weeks ago when I was on holiday and Darren was able to put it back by switching the profile to a "test" profile run outlook and then switching back to PAULS DEFAULT PROFILE?michelleclive: we have to try this with few back dates to make it work if not then we will try the new account profile
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer running system restore now.Guest: a member of staff has just stated that this happenend also 2 weeks ago when I was on holiday and Darren was able to put it back by switching the profile to a "test" profile run outlook and then switching back to PAULS DEFAULT PROFILE?michelleclive: we have to try this with few back dates to make it work if not then we will try the new account profile.michelleclive: himichelleclive: search for outlookmichelleclive: please setup your outlookGuest: Is this just a test.Guest: Does it require my actual microsoft 365 email address or any of my works email addresses?michelleclive: yes that is correctGuest: In Servwe settings I do not know what the Mail Server User-name or password *****?michelleclive: are you the owner of this emailGuest: yesmichelleclive: let me know the full email addressGuest: my own microsoft email is plh1957"me.comGuest: for some reason my at icon has switched to".Guest:***@******.***: enter the detailsGuest: I have tried our common email addresses and it does not like them?michelleclive: wha is the primary email addressGuest: I do not know. We have a number of themmichelleclive: please switch over to the main login screen and check the email and the password ***** only we can proceed on this screen, swith the user now.Guest: how do I do that?Guest: It shows***@******.***: This is on the microsoft user log on screenGuest: This is also where I can see your messages on my i-padmichelleclive: i see but its not accepting itmichelleclive: can you login to the webmail just to make sure you are login in finemichelleclive: is this an icloud id you are using?Guest: do you want me to try to log in?michelleclive: yes pleasemichelleclive: me.com is basically icloud servicemichelleclive: you are inmichelleclive: now open outlook and configure itGuest: which service outlook.com or POP?michelleclive: please waitGuest: these are my personal emails and not the works emailsmichelleclive: eneter the passwordmichelleclive: this will work fine only is the correct password ***** *****: outlook is configured correctlymichelleclive: on your primary account you have to remove outlook i mean uninstall it and then reastart the computer after that you need to reinsall outlook and then configure the account to login.Guest: will I lose my emails?michelleclive: no you will not loose your emails but just to be on the safe side backup all the .pst/ost files on an external drive.your emails will be safe.Guest: Okay I will get hold of Darren for the correct password ***** and do as you suggest later.Guest: Do I need to do anything now to get back to main computer operationmichelleclive: simple switch user or restart.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Guest: okay Thank You for your help.