Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I having problems logging on to my gmail account, the computer

Customer Question

I having problems logging on to my gmail account, the computer keeps on telling me that the password ***** am putting in is incorrect, but thats the one I have recorded
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Hi Claire, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Passwords are case sensitive so please make sure that you enter it correctly. Check if CAPS LOCK is ON.Also, can you please tell me the username part of your email address (before the @gmail.com part) so that I can check your recovery options?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The caps lock is off, I obviously checked that.The address I am having problems with is***@******.***
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you there ?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
I am still here. Please give me a moment to check for your recovery options.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
I am trying to check for your recovery options now. If the password ***** you are trying to enter is the correct password ***** it is rejected, then there is a big chance that your account was hacked and the hacker changed your password.What was the last password ***** you remembered so that I can check your recovery options?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thought my password ***** Wilfan123
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Ok, give me a moment please
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Your only recovery option is through your mobile phone on file. Can you please tell me your mobile phone number you added on your Gmail account, the one ending in 15? It is masked or hidden as:***********15
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have a mobile number ending in 15, that belongs to my old phone which has not been in use for over 2 years, the number was ***********My new number is *****(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.
Oh, I am very sorry but you cannot use a new phone to recover the account. The only option for you is this old phone which is unfortunately no longer active.Your only option now is to submit the recovery form wherein you are required to provide information about your Gmail account to prove that you are the real owner.I am signing off now so I cannot help you further in the recovery process. Please allow me to opt out so that my fellow experts can assist you further. If no one joins you here, I will continue to help you when I resume work tomorrow.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dont Go please, I need to get into my e.mails and I thought I had paid for this to be resolved !
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.
You are in a very difficult spot because it does not seem you kept your recovery information up to date. That being said there may be a way out of this still. Please read through the instructions below once before you try so you understand. Go to the following link to begin the recovery. https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1. Enter the account you need access to, type the characters in the distorted image, and click the link at the bottom of the following page to verify your identity and access the form. When it gets to the recovery options page click Verify your identity ( I attached a picture so you know what to look for) Then you need to answer these questions, When was the last time you were able to sign in to your Google Account? (take your best guess) When did you create your Google Account? (take your best guess try and get at least the year correct) Email addresses of up to five frequently emailed contacts (name as many as you can) Name of up to four labels or folders in your gmail account (name as many as you can) Select up to 4 other Google products you use with this account, and the approximate date you started using them. These could be things like youtube or google plus. What is most important is you do not guess. You need to provide as much correct info as you can. So if you do not know something skip it but try not to skip everything or they will not let you in. Take time to fill out each section of the form to the best of your ability. It was designed to ensure that no one can gain access to your account except you. If you cannot remember the exact dates of you started using gmail or the last time you used it take your best guess. Since Google doesn't collect a lot of information about you when you sign up for an account, they will ask you questions like when you created your account, what Google services you use, and who you email frequently. If you fill out the recovery form and aren't successful on the first try, you can try again. Make sure to wait until you receive our reply before you submit another report. Important: Try to provide as much information as possible on each attempt. Each submission is evaluated independently.You may need to go through this a couple of times. Fill in the information the best you can and try not to leave too much blank. The questions we ask to verify your identity are intentionally difficult. Answer as many questions as possible, and make sure your answers are accurate. If you’re unsure about an answer, provide your best guess. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated and is how I am credited for my time, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks,Chris