Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

Shortly after downloading the latest update to Win 10, I

Shortly after downloading the latest update to Win 10, I have lost my POWER app. therefore losing the ability to switch my machine off. I have used the switch on the rear of my machine to do this, but have misgivings about what damage I am doing to my machine in this way.
Please, please, give me an answer to getting my Power app. back.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Powering down without allowing Windows to properly shut down can create problems. First check your User Account Control (UAC) to see if it is turned on. If it is, turn it back on and that may return your Start button to you where you will find the power option. You can shut down Windows properly by pressing and holding the Windows button on the keyboard then press the R key. In the window that opens, type shutdown -r and press enter.