IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My Samsung xpress c410w printer just went offline by itself

My Samsung xpress c410w printer just went offline by itself and now does not respond to the buttons on the control panel. cannot detect printer through the dianostic programme
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who can assist you with the problem you described.Please un-plug the printer power cable from an electrical outlet and leave it unplugged for about 20 seconds. After that, replug the power cable and observe what happens. In case the printer doesn't automatically turn itself on, then press the power button. Let me know if the printer is powering on as usual.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this. The printer powers up but the other buttons are unresponsive. The power button will not allow me to turn the printer off again
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
It looks like this is a hardware issue with the printer; however, to verify that, please connect the printer with the computer using a USB cable while the printer is powered on. Let me know if you see a visual notification or hear a sound notification on your computer once you connected it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I get a bleep from the PC
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Good. The computer may still able to printer to that printer. Please tell me which Windows version is installed on your computer and I will tell you what you can do next. It could be:- Windows XP- Windows Vista- Windows 7- Windows 8 / 8.1- Windows 10. Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its windows 8
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information! Please do the following:1. Power on the printer and connect it to the computer with a USB cable2. On your Windows 8 computer, access desktop3. Move the cursor to the bottom right corner and you will see a new pane. Click on the Settings icon and there select Control Panel4. When the Control Panel window opens, click on the Hardware and Sound category, and then click on Devices and Printers5. Check if your printer is listed there. If it is, I suggest removing it and then re-adding it. To remove a printer, right-click it and select Remove device, and then confirm6. After that, you can re-add the printer. To do that, click on the Add a printer button located at the top7. Windows will then search for all connected printers. If you see yours on the list, select it and follow the instructions to re-add it. Once done, check if printing from it works Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't find the printer. Tried finding and installing manually but it shows the printer is offline which is the start of the problem again
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a secure remote session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly.Let me if you would like that.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's OK with me
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9fcbaed2-2ceb-49cc-8444-47931f597063When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
We have not been connected yet. Did you click on the link I sent you? Let me know if you received any error messages.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
It looks like you went away. The link has expired. Let me know when you return so that I can send you a new link. Regards,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you available today
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Yes, I am available today.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Let me know when is the best time for you for a secure remote assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just got in and I am available now until 6.30pm
Steve
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK, I am available now as well, so let's proceed. Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d7ecb6de-5e5a-45b2-9acc-8746e9df04fdWhen a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
We are connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
The printer isn't detected when connected via USB cable as well as when connected via Ethernet cable. The printer control panel doesn't respond as well, so the only conclusion is that the printer is failing completely. I suggest contacting Samsung to have the printer repaired or replaced. For any other issue, feel free to let me know.Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Thanks,IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. Regards,IT Miro