Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle is about 4 years old. It has now just stopped working,

Customer Question

My kindle is about 4 years old. It has now just stopped working, I think it is the on/off button, which I think has always been the vulnerable bit of the kindle. I cannot open it. I have tried charging it and the green light is on, so presumably its not that. I was using it last week, fully charged, so cannot think what has happened. Also I have loads of books on it that I have not read. Any ideas please. Thanks Yvonne
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.Let me know the results pleaseThank you