Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a kindle fire which was lost/stolen yesterday. I dont

I have a kindle fire which was lost/stolen yesterday. I dont know the serial no.
I am worried that it will be used without my knowledge.
Is there any way it can be totally disabled?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeyou cannot remotley wipe the Kindle but what you do is change your Amazon password ***** this stops any access to your account. Also deleting the credit card was very good as that stops any charged.To change your password, Click the Your Account section on Amazon.com.On the Settings section, click Change Name, E-mail Address, or Password.Click on Edit next your E-mail Address and Password ***** the New password ***** type your new password.In the Current Password ***** type your current password.Once done, they cannot touch any of your books on your account anymore. This is as much as you can do but all that is effectivelyIf you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit. Thank youneeded.