Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

My Samsung Galaxy note10.1 is locked out by a virus, Cheshire

Customer Question

My Samsung Galaxy note10.1 is locked out by a virus, Cheshire police scam, can you help me remove it please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.The first thing to do is to simply turn it off and on. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, choose to Shutdown, and shutdown. Once it is off, turn it back on. If that doesn't solve the problem, we will have to reset the phone. Please, let me know the results. Typically, the Cheshire scam will be gone after that.I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason
This is a tablet not a phone, i have tried turning it off and on but no joy
Trevor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Helloo
I am sorry to hear that. Sorry about saying it was a 'phone' and not a tablet. It was a simple slip of the tongue.Please, do the following which will erase everything on the tablet, including the scam.Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK.Once it is off, continue below.Press and hold the Power key and Up Volume key at the same time.Release the Power key when the Samsung logo appears.Release the Up Volume keys when the Android image appears.Press the Up Volume key to select wipe data / factory reset.Press the Power key.Press the Down Volume key to scroll to Yes – delete all user data.Press the Power key.Once “Data wipe complete” appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now. Once that is complete, you will be all set. I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.I will be standing by,Jason
Thank you for your patience. It took me a few minutes to type that up.