IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My Epsom printer is getting older now, and I rang Epsom today

My Epsom printer is getting older now, and I rang Epsom today to ask what to do, as my printer suddenly stopped working, I checked the control panel, went to devices and printers, then went through all the tabs, checked them, nothing..The printer is a DX4700 and the chap said I should undo it, and clean the connections, I cannot find the details of how to get the cartridges out, and was busy trying to do this, when a message came up on my screen about driver error, I had already seen it said that there was a computer error, so I thought I would go into it, it said WinZip driver something or other, and to just download it. I followed the instructions then a warning came up, contact Symantic now this is a phishing site, so I exited it. Tried again, and it came up to say 11 drivers were obsolete, and some others were ok, to click and download the ones who are okay, just say update all...I did this, then it said its best to have themall done, and the thing to do was press purchase now, I didn't know what to do, so I clicked on that, to just see how much it was really, didn't want to purchase something if I didn't know what it cost. Just then something came up, dangerous site so I clicked on exit this site, and came out of it and then there was still something coming up winzip click now, I came out of it, and contacted you...I still have a printer showing as if the cartridges have run out, and don't know what to do next. It may be, I just need new cartridges, I am prepared to go out and buy some, but the chap at Epsom said to try cleaning them first. Oh by the way, the WinZip thing at the end had a message which said this is trying to get you to allow it to use your hard drive or something like that...I said NO, and it came up again, so I said NO again. I hope I have explained it properly, please can you tell me what to do now. Thankyou.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell me if you are using a Windows or a Mac computer.I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information! I can help you with the issue you described; however, since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a secure remote session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly. Let me if you would like that. Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really am worrying about the fact that I got onto that phishing site and if it got embedded in my hard drive. Yes, I am happy for you to take over. Thank you.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I can check that as well, once I connect to your computer. Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5214f85b-3b08-471f-89e7-c8c138a1436cWhen a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
We are connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
The Epson printer monitor as well as the printer itself shows empty ink cartridges, so the current ink cartridges need to be replaced. For any other assistance, you can contact me again. Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Thanks,IT Miro