Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I received an e-mail on 16 March at 16-42 from Roger Goodwin

Customer Question

I received an e-mail on 16 March at 16-42 from Roger Goodwin @talktalk to say that a message had been received at 12-15 to delete my e-mail box and unless I replied immediately my account would be cancelled. I assumed it was a spam message as I had made no such request and did not reply. However since then both my e-mail accounts***@******.*** and***@******.*** have not been responding properly - the latter not at all. My phone account with Talktalk is(###) ###-####
Trevor Bottomley
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Trevor and welcomethis was a scam email so good for you to have ignored it, but they look to have hacked your account possibly.Can I ask, what exactly goes wrong with your accounts? Are you able to sign in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the [email protected] account does not connect when I log in. The trevorb125 @yahoo.co.uk account behaves erratically but does eventually connect.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which email browser are you using Trevor?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel phone call request
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you do the instructions I gave please and I can then take over and fix this directly for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The expert did not phone me so please do not charge me £18
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Trevor, I am trying to connect to your computer to do this, as you said Please cancel phone call request within minutes of requesting it. Please do the instructions I asked of you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Downloaded TeamViewer as you requested Do you want ID and Password ***** Please also cancel request and charge for phone call as no one phoned me
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The remote desktop is an additional service, and more expensive then the phone call, I was going to do the request under the cost of the call.If you stop this then we do not proceed with me remoting to your computer and fixing this.Let me know how you want to proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK do the cheapest option. Tell me what to do next
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the instructions I gave you Trevor, I am still waiting on you to complete the instructions I gave.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID###-##-####password ***** Do you need anything else?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your computer is giving an error, restart it, run teamviewer again and give me the new password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just done what you asked . New password ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks