IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My pt no C70-A-16L lap top ribbon cable between the screen

Customer Question

my pt no C70-A-16L lap top ribbon cable between the screen & key board is defective & needs replacement. where can I get a replacement. what is the cost?
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell me if your Toshiba laptop is still under warranty or the warranty has expired.I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its not under warranty
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Does the screen and keyboard work on your Toshiba laptop, or they both don't work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, they both work but intermittently the screen has vertical grey lines when the screen is opened beyond 90 degrees & beyond
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information! Since your ribbon cable has not failed completely, but only loses the contact upon moving the display angle, you may first try to use a duck tape to strengthen it a bit, just to make sure it doesn't move much upon moving the display angle. Since the laptop is not under warranty, you can disassemble it try that yourself. If that doesn't work, or you don't want to do that yourself, then you need to take your laptop to a computer repair centre; preferably, to an authorized Toshiba repair centre, and have the display ribbon cable either repaired or replaced. I tried to find the display ribbon cable for your Toshiba model on-line, but couldn't. There are ribbon cables for other Toshiba models, and they cost around 5 pounds. See THIS LINK. Since that is not an expensive laptop part, you shouldn't be worrying about paying high price. One of the authorized Toshiba repair centre in the UK is this one: http://www.toshiba-repair.co.uk/ Regards,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Miro,
Many tha
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Miro,
Many thanks for your help, I will change the ribbon tape & hope that fixes the problem,
Best regds,
Brian.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Brian! I am glad I could help!If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.You can now rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
For any other assistance, let me know. Before you leave, please don't forget to rate my assistance. You may see the smiley faces or the stars.Thanks,IT Miro