Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I converted my desktop to win 10. I have been linked to an

Customer Question

I converted my desktop to win 10. I have been linked to an old email address and I don't know the password. Can you help please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tony. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.Can you tell me the email address that is being displayed on your Windows 10 login screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Can you tell me your full phone number ending in 95and are you able to receive text messages at that number?
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me your full phone number ending in 95and are you able to receive text messages at that number?ORare you able to receive email at your @hahc.org.uk email address
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
I'm unable to make international calls at the moment. So please respondto my questions on this page.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Have all the documents on your machine been backed up? We can reset the machineand get you back in to it but any personal files would be lost and software programs youadded would need to be re-installed.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Start or restart the machine such that you are looking at the login screen. But don't log in yetWhile holding down the Shift key, click the Power icon in the lower right corner (far right) and select Restart.Release the Shift key when you see "Please Wait"When the Choose an Option page opens select Troubleshootclick Reset this PCclick Remove Everythingthen select Fully Clean DriveWhen the reset is complete you'll create a new user accountwith updated information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All my private files are backed up on a separate disk. I do not have access to @hahc.org.uk any more. The 95 fone does not accept text message
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
In that case, resetting the computer is the remaining option to get you back in to the machine.Start or restart the machine such that you are looking at the login screen. But don't log in yetWhile holding down the Shift key, click the Power icon in the lower right corner (far right) and select Restart.Release the Shift key when you see "Please Wait"When the Choose an Option page opens select Troubleshootclick Reset this PCclick Remove Everythingthen select Fully Clean DriveWhen the reset is complete you'll create a new user accountwith updated information.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hold off on that.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
What is the full phone number that ends in 95.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
If you can receive calls at the 95 number I can have apassword ***** code sent in a recorded message soplease tell me that number.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Are you all set? Let me know your status. I'm here to assist.