Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle Fire HD shut down while I was using it and I cant

My kindle Fire HD shut down while I was using it and I cant switch it back on. It has been on charge since then but still won't open
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished. This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please. Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds. Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle. Let me know the results please Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that and when I reconnect the charger the kindle logo appears for a few seconds then disappears again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, leave it on the charger for 15 minutes, then repeat the instruction I gave and tell me if it then starts please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been on charge most of the night but nothing is happening
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, but I want to do this after we did the procedure I gave please as that removed all residue power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it on charge for the 15 minutes and have repeated your first instruction but still only the KIndle Logo when I restart it and then it disappears
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to be sure we ruled out the other cause for this It is the internal memory that has faulted on the Kindle A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I still have to pay for this service even though it has not been sorted
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You already have made the deposit, it is for my service. If we only did it when getting paid if it was fixed here right now, no one would have taken your question....We can only go through all the steps that will usually resolve it, and if it does not, what you need to do now to get it fixed and why it occurred.This is the service you received which I provided you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem. Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcomeIf I can do anything else for you, please let me know, and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit so the question is marked as completed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank youRichard
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry