IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My Epson Stylus SX215 printer, just loaded on to my new computer,

My Epson Stylus SX215 printer, just loaded on to my new computer, wont print in colour s
satisfactorily. The colour is very pale and splodgy. The black writing is OK.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.I see you mentioned loading the printer on your new computer. Please tell me if the printer was loaded on your previous computer. If so, did the problem with colours was present there as well?I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I had no problem with my previous computerCelia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I took so long to answer - I had a visitor
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Are you able to connect your printer to the previous computer now, just to check the colours again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I crashed it for good trying to put Windows 10 on it. I haven't got it any more.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.Is Windows 10 installed on your new computer, or another Windows version?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,it is Windows 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried aligning the print heads, as in the instruction book, but it is no better.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.Did you install the printer drivers manually, or the computer automatically installed the drivers once you connected the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer did it,but I had help over the internet from the firm that sold me the computer. I thuoght it was working, and the writing is, but not the colour. I'll have to do the church notices without a picture!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information!Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a secure remote session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly.Let me if you would like that.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That sounds expensive! I'll have to think about it and call you tomorrow
Celia
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I will send you an offer so you can review it, and accept it in case you want to proceed with a secure remote assistance.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. I decide my problem was because I had been using substitute inks instead of Epson ones, but Epson inks would cost me £40.00 and I can get a new home printer (HP like the computer) for £50.00, so it is better to buy that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help and patience.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome! If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. Regards,IT Miro