Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Have a message when switching on. The handle is invalid

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.Are you able to access the Internet on the computer that has this problem?I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No
When does the message appear? Does it appear after it loads windows?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It appears at sign on stage
Does it appear after you sign in or before you attempt to sign in?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Before I sign in all I can do is power PC up
It doesn't allow you to sign in with your account or any other account?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That's correct
Hello, This particular problem has several different culprits. I have and will continue to ask some questions in order to shine some light on what exactly is the problem. Please, perform the instructions below. Please, follow the instructions below:- Turn the computer off- Remove all usb devices from the computer- Turn the computer on- Start pressing the F8 key on the top of the keyboard- At the Boot menu, choose Last Known Good Configuration- Hit the Enter key three times- The computer will reboot and your problem will be gone. Once that is complete, please come back to this page and update me on your status. Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nothing happened when f8 key pressed, the Handle is invalid message with a box with okay in it
Please, try again.- Turn the computer off.- Turn the computer on.- Start tapping the F8 key over and over again until you are given the menu options. Did that come up this time?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have tapped f8 key for 30 seconds still no change
Which version of Windows are you running?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thought is was xp but now thinking it's Windows 10. Sorry
That makes sense. F8 works for XP, but not for Windows 10. There is no backdoor way of getting into Safe Mode with Windows 10. If you cannot load Windows 10 fully, then we can't get into safe mode. At the log in screen, are you able to log into any of the other accounts listed on that page?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Won't let me log in at all just a blank screen with the message
What occurs when you press the three following keys: ALT CTRL DEL
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nothing has happened
In that case, I am sorry to report, but you will have to either reinstall Windows or run a Repair. Do you have the Windows 10 installation cd/dvd?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I dont
In that case, you may need to install the previous version of Windows on the computer and then upgrade to Windows 10. May I ask if you have the previous version of Windows installation cd or not?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Bought laptop 3 months ago with Windows installed
Thank you for the update. May I ask for the brand and model name of the computer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Acer aspire es 1.531
What you can do is do a system factory default, which will erase all on the computer and set it back as it was when you first purchased it. - Turn the computer off and on.- When the Acer logo screen appears, press both the following keys at the same time: ALT and F10- Follow the instructions on screen to restore to system defaults. Once all of that is complete, you will be all set. As a reminder, you may wish to make note of these instructions, just in case you have to deal with another such problem. I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.I will be standing by,Jason
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pressed both keys together as she as logo appeared but still went to message
Please, try again. Press it a few times before and after the logo appears as well.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Still the same
Your model may have a different shortcut key. When you turn the computer on, what do you see in terms of text and the shortcut keys?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just goes from Acer logo to error message no other text
It goes straight there? After you turn the Acer on, how much times passes until you see the error message?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
10 seconds
When you see the Acer logo, press the ESC key. Does that give you any text or menus? If not, try pressing the TAB key.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No change Jason
Thank you for the update.Let's try this another way. At the login screen, does it allow you to turn it off?Let's try resetting the PC, which will erase all on it. It will be in the same as it was when you first purchased it. - At the login screen, click power button (located on the bottom right of the screen) and while holding down the Shift key on the keyboard, click Restart- When the computer reboots, click the Troubleshot your PC option, click the Reset your PC option, and follow the instructions on screen to reset the PC. Did that help?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nothing on screen apart from message nothing to click onto
In that case, you will need to either run a repair by using the Windows 10 cd or reinstall Windows 10 from the cd. If the company that you purchased the computer from didn't give you a cd/dvd for this, you will need to contact them and request a copy of the cd/dvd. They should have given you one.
Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.-Jason
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok.
Thank you. Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page.