Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a Kindle 5th generation I have the new soft ware but

I have a Kindle 5th generation I have the new soft ware but foe some reason \Amazon have shut my network and Wi-Fi down how do I re connect? tried everything
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try these steps please>On your Kindle>Select Wi-Fi from the menu.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindledetects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next toWireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget.Then on your router>Unplug the power connector from the back of your wireless router,Then plug the power connector back into the wireless router (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)Then on your Kindle> press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>Then try connecting to Wi-FiSelect Wi-Fi.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.Your home network should appear in the list.Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.If you need help locating your password ***** me know.Then Tap Connect.In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have already tried this, It will not give me a list of my or near by Wi-Fi.....nothing works on it I cannot use anything on the menu.....all my other devices are working so there is no problem with the connects. its just frustrating, it happened today when Amazon gave today as the deadline for downloading the software, which I already have!!!! I did take this to a local IT shop they could not help, said just wait for Amazon to put out a patch, but this is not good enough.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What else can I try?
try this please>go to Home > Menu > Settings > Menu (again!) > Reset to Factory Defaults (or Reset Device).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try it, I think you may have some more people trying to get this problem sorted......
If I reset to factory defaults will I loose all my books?I have over 200
no, just back sign in with your Amazon email and password ***** the reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Randy for your help I feel that this is getting no-where, I have just tried your other one, now I have a blank page, nothing happening.......I have rebooted this Kindle so many times to day. I have started to download my archives of books manually. I think I am resigned to having to do this in future instead of being able to the whispernet from Amazon.
Just to check I have the version: Kindle 4.1.3 (269232310002) on my device. Is this the up-date version?
yes, that is the correct version.Try installing the update from your computer via usb cable connected to the kindle.PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE DOWNLOAD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have downloaded it nothing
the wording I have on the Kindle Wi-Fi Networks is:Available Wi-Fi Networks (0)
Network: not connected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well Randy you obviously cannot help me I will sign off now, getting quite tired and frustrated over this......have been trying to connect the kindle all day......
I am sorry about that.